College Resources


UW has specific policies on purchasing goods depending on the dollar amount you are spending. For information please see the college financial resources website.



To be reimbursed for your business travel, you must follow UW-Madison air travel and lodging requirements and all reports have to be submitted within 90 days of last business travel date. You can find complete travel guidelines on the college financial services website here.



WISDM is the Wisconsin Data Mart for the UW System’s Shared Financial System (SFS). The WISDM web application provides authorized users with a means of retrieving, downloading, and summarizing a large number of data views and online reports from the financial system, including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Payroll, and Salary Requisitions. Faculty can login in to this webpage using their Net ID.

Hiring Students

Notify your  department payroll coordinator before a student employment. You can find information about student hires here. To hire a student, complete this form and submit it to your payroll coordinator.


Grad Recruiting

Graduate recruiting visits vary by department. Students are under no obligation to respond to offers of financial support prior to April 15, per the Council of Graduate Schools. You can find more information about graduate admissions here.


RA Policy

Please see your department about RA rate structure. Benefit eligible appointments for insurance and tuition remission must be a combined total of 33.3.


TA Policy

Please see your department about the process of hiring teaching assistants. Benefits eligible appointments for insurance and tuition remission must be a combined total of 33.3.

UW-Madison has several offices on campus tasked with managing the safety of its students, staff, and faculty while they are engaged in instruction, research, and recreational activities. For help in finding college and university safety information, please visit the College of Engineering Safety webpage. For information on policies specific to your department, please contact your department administrator.

Contact your department administrator before signing any contracts related to UW-Madison business as there is special signing authority for all forms.

Any business purchases made within State of Wisconsin should be exempt from sales tax. You can view our tax-exempt certificate here. For information about other states’ sales tax exemption please, visit the UW-Madison resource here.